- All products are added to your cart.
14ers Series Topographic Hiking Map 6 of 16 covers fourteeners Mount Elbert on the front side and La Plata Peak on the back, including all hiking trails in the surrounding areas. This rugged trail map was designed for on-trail use in the toughest outdoor conditions and includes the following features:
- Waterproof and tear-resistant paper
- Ultralight weight – under an ounce
- Detailed 1:30,000 scale (1 inch ≈ ½ mile)
- Distances for all trail segments
- Compact folded size to fit in your pocket – only 3.8” wide by 6.5” tall
- Convenient size and foldability for quick and easy on-trail review – 19” wide by 13” tall unfolded – no more fumbling with huge maps while on the go
- All fourteener trailheads – not just the popular ones – with GPS coordinates
- GPS coordinates for all key trail junctions
- Route difficulty classes for each peak
- UTM 1000 m grid along with latitude-longitude ticks
- Easy-to-read and intuitive
The front of 14ers Map 6 shows access to Mount Elbert from the north via the North Mount Elbert Trail and the Massive and Elbert Trailheads, from the east via the South Mount Elbert Trail and the South Elbert trailhead and from the south via the Black Cloud Trail and Black Cloud Trailhead. In addition to these fourteener access routes, this map features the stretch of the Colorado Trail from Halfmoon Road south to Twin Lakes.
Map 6 back side shows access to La Plata Peak from the north via La Plata Gulch and from the south from the North Fork of Clear Creek. Also featured is a long stretch of the Continental Divide Trail from Twin Lakes south to Clear Creek, the Bermuda Triangle Trail and Big Willis Gulch Trail. This is Map 6 of 16 14ers Maps covering all Colorado 14ers.