- All products are added to your cart.
* Hikes chosen and reported on by experienced members of the Colorado Mountain Club
* A wide variety of hikes, from family-and wheelchair-friendly to challenging and strenuous options for hardier trekkers
* Fit in your pocket or daypack and feature color photos and maps throughout
* Each guidebook provides twenty of the best hikes in the area they represent
The trails range from short, scenic, and wheelchairaccessible hikes near Estes Park to moderately difficult and even seriously challenging adventures. This guide will take you from the summit of Twin Sisters Peak, at 11,428 feet—with great walking through fragrant pine forests—to the gently meandering paved trail around Lake Estes, which affords panoramic views of Longs Peak.
With this guide, you will have the opportunity to sample wild raspberries along moderate trails crossed by rushing mountain streams, marvel at butterscotch-scented ponderosa pines, and test your legs and endurance on a 13-mile loop through fir and pine forests. You will linger for lunch at Gem Lake, ponder the lives of early explorers and homesteaders at Homestead Meadows, soothe your feet in cold mountain streams, and survey your surroundings with a trek to the 11,000-foot Estes Cone.