- All products are added to your cart.
The preservation of comfort is the guiding principle that allows conventional backpackers to learn from ultralight approaches, without sacrificing what we consider important. Lightweight backpacking is more fun.
This book is for both beginner and advanced backpackers who want to pack more efficiently, carry less weight, still be fully prepared for contingencies, live comfortably, and have more fun in the backcountry. It presents field-tested, proven methodologies for:
• Gear organization, modular packing systems, and creating gear lists that work
• Assessing conventional gear you own
• Understanding the mindsets of both conventional and ultralight backpacking
• Navigating the mindset shift required to seriously lighten up
• Redefining each gear system to meet your needs
• Dealing with winter conditions
• Packing to minimize frustration
• Assessing risk in the backcountry
• Effective trip planning